Saturday, January 17, 2009

Update (New Years)

Wow, sorry it's been a while - I've been meaning to update my blog for a week or two now but have been working on other things. Well I guess the next major thing is New Years. The plan was for Amanda to come here to Danville, but on the way over she had some car trouble at the Northeast portion of Indianapolis - which ironically was an exact week after my car problems in Indy. Fortunately she was able to pull off into a mall parking lot. I threw some things together and headed out to go get her. Due to it being late in the evening and also the upcoming holiday we had to just leave it in a mechanic's parking lot until we could come back later to have it checked out. Once that was all taken care of and she was able to relax again, we stopped to eat and then drove back to Danville.

We spent the new year playing a game and fellowshipping with my best friend David and his wife Kayla. Their son Tyler, who is 20 months old, took quite a liking to Amanda. Another fun thing was getting to make a nice meal for Amanda, which received high praises afterwords, despite her initial hesitancy.



A sad point in the visit was Amanda hitting her head pretty hard on my weight bar as she was walking around my weight bench. She is alright but it hurt extremely - I know because I did the same thing (for the first time) just a few days ago! The problem is that the standard 7' bar in a small apartment makes it very difficult and sometimes dangerous to maneuver around. I want to get a 6' bar but most of them have too short of gripping area to fit on a standard size bench. I did however just recently find one that is 6' with the same gripping length as a 7' bar, and also has rubber end caps. The bar I currently have is actually 86" so that means it will be like cutting 7" off each size, which makes a significant difference! Unfortunately it is fairly expensive so I can't afford it now, but the plan is to trade-in/sell my current one and replace it. Anyway, now that I've rambled quite enough (hey, it's what I'm good at) - all that to mention that I was able to get Amanda set up on a good fitness routine, at her request (I've become her personal trainer). She's been doing very well with it so far!

1 comment:

  1. You're an awesome trainer! And a pretty good boyfriend too.

    Something I didn't think of until just now though is that I hit my head on the bar in the same spot that I broke out my window with when I had my wreck! I don't think I've become more dyslexic though, so I guess I didn't damage my left frontal lobe at least.

    ReplyDelete