Tuesday, February 24, 2009

More Furniture

Well, I know it's been quite a while since I've written last but up until recently there hasn't been much going on in my life to report about. Besides, I'm not sure if anyone even reads this anyway - I'm probably just talking to myself, who knows. Anyway, I've been wanting a couch for quite a while now (specifically one with a pullout bed) and was able to purchase a used one via Craigslist on the 12th. I got a decent condition sofa sleeper, loveseat, and two matching endtables all for $200!! Now that's a good deal even for used furniture.

Getting them in my apartment was a challenge though. I had a friend of mine with a truck, who I'm very grateful to, help me pick them up and haul them. Before actually purchasing them however, I had to figure out how I was going to arrange them to fit well in my apartment, as I'm running out of space. So I got some measurements and went "back to the drawing board," which in my case is Microsoft Visio. I already have very accurate and detailed layout of my apartment floorplan and furniture, so adding the new items in wasn't too dificult. What was though, was arriving at a practical and feasible arrangement. I tried several different ideas to no avail but was finally able to come up with something that worked well and also had multiple advantages over my setup at the time. The weekend before acquiring them I was able to move some of my furniture to "pave the way" but had to save the larger/heavier items for when I could get some assistance.

I picked up the couch and loveseat on Thursday of that week and on Friday my best friend came over to help me with moving everything else. After that i just had the normal mess of random items floating around which commonly happens when making such major changes. With the help of my girlfriend, I was able to get the majority of it cleaned up Saturday morning. Not the most fun way to spend Valentine's, but I made it up to her - see the next post. So the last few days I hung up all my various wall decorations and sorted the remaining surface clutter. Now all I have remaining is organizing my tons of computer cables, after which I can push my desks all the way against the wall. Once that is done I will post pictures of the new arrangement for you to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment