Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Valentine's Day

Valentine's day this year was great! Which is nice considering I've only had one other meaningful Valentine's in my life, and that was several years ago (followed by a sudden and random breakup the very next week)! Anyway, I had a wonderful day with my amazing girlfriend; and though busy, everything went very well. Amanda gave me several different gifts throughout the day and then took me out for lunch to a very nice and tasty restaraunt which she had researched ahead of time. In the evening I fixed her a full 7-course meal, which took 3.5 hours of preparation. My kitchen was a disaster after it was all said and done but I tried my best to ignore it for the remainder of the evening. Needless to say, I was quite exhausted afterwords but it was fun and well worth it. I prepared a formal table setting with separate red and white wineglasses (using sparkling grape juice), three different fork and spoon sizes (used for different courses), cloth napkins, candlelight, and a flower centerpiece I had gotten for her. I also played romantic music in the background. During the meal I gave her several different gifts including a card, nice watch, and large stuffed bear. She enjoyed it all and said I had done a wonderful job!

Table SettingCourse 1 (Appetizer): Cheesy Biscuit & Deviled Eggs
Course 2 (Soup): Potato w/ Bacon, Cheese, & ChivesCourse 3 (Salad): 8 different toppings
Course 4 (Pasta): Fetticini Alfredo w/ TunaCourse 5 (Poultry or Fish): Cheesy Breaded Chicken & Cottage Cheese
Course 6 (Main - Red Meat): Round Steak w/ Mushroom Gravy & Potato WedgesCourse 7 (Dessert): Lemon Pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment